7 Questions With Christy Newton ~ Stolen Hearts
Posted by alexisanneauthor
Today I’d like to welcome Christy Newton, debut author of Stolen Hearts out June 7th! Stolen Hearts is the first in a three book series (the second will be out August 6th!). Christy is taking the world by storm this year, in addition to the Stolen Hearts series, she’s also signed a book deal with Crimson Romance for Begin Again! Christy is a lovely lady I’ve been very happy to get to know over the last few months and, thanks to this interview, I’ve discovered we share a love of the very same hero (*swoons for our dear, dear Dr. Jones*)!
So just who is Christy and why should you check out Stolen Hearts? Let’s find out:
1. What is the quick and dirty on Stolen Hearts?
Poor Cammie has had the worst things happen to her and has never found love. She has had to be a strong woman. Simon is a dark and mysterious hero that is really just a big kid at heart. He craves adventure and eats too much junk food. Somehow the two compliment each other.
2. You are quite the romantic at heart… what attracts you to the genre?
All the struggles that lead to that Happily Ever After. And when you root for the hero and heroine to finally find their happiness.
3. Quick, you have to choose your favorite hero or all love will be lost from the world! Who is it?
Indiana Jones/Harrison Ford. I love the adventure and how he can manage to escape from anything with his hat.
4. If you could vacation with your love anywhere in the world– expense is not an issue– where would it be?
England. I’d love to tour all the castles. And I love their accent.
5. What is your favorite time of day to write?
Any. I have no set time.
6. If you could live the rest of your life in any book/movie/tv show, which would it be and why?
Can I choose my own book? lol Because I want to live in a miniature castle in California and be rich.
7. What is your favorite thing about Stolen Hearts?
The banter between Simon and Cammie. They just have this connection from the beginning. It’s playful and it’s hot.
Check out the excerpt below for a fun sneak peak at Stolen Hearts!
Cammie wanted to cry. Why did she even come? Now they were both in danger. She pressed her lips together to hold in the emotion that threatened to escape.
Simon put his hands on her shoulders. “We’re going to find a way out, okay? I need you to trust me.”
She swallowed and nodded. Afraid for both their lives, she followed him, her feet growing heavy from the wet mud that clung to her boots and pants. The air was thick the further they went making it difficult to breathe.
“Look.” Simon pointed to a round opening in the ground to the right of them. It must have been ten feet wide and twenty feet deep. The bottom of the pit looked like gravel. He took out a small flashlight and shined it down into the hole. She looked down at what she had thought were only rocks but instead saw various shapes of dirty chunks of ice mixed in.
“Diamonds.” He shut off the flashlight and they continued through.
Cammie felt a crunch beneath her feet. She looked down and a scream slipped out. Simon put his hand over her mouth and looked down to see what caused her alarm.
“Is that human?” she asked looking down at half a rib cage.
© 2013 Christy Newton
Liked what you saw? Connect with Christy on Facebook, Twitter, or visit her website. And look for the second book in the Stolen Hearts series on August 6th!
Thanks Christy! xoxo
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)