2014: A Year of Creative Explosion
Posted by alexisanneauthor
Happy 2014! Last year was a huge building year for me and my family. There were lots of ups and downs but in the end it will all be worth it because this year is going to be awesome! Here is a glimpse of what to expect from me in 2014:
In addition to Reflected in the Rain I have several projects planned including more in the TSI series and finally launching my baby: The Unspoken Game series.
- Greg’s book is planned for this summer, I’m hoping May/June for release. I am so excited about an entire book of Greg’s smart mouth and crass humor being balanced by a woman who can keep up with him!
- The Unspoken Game is an action/adventure/suspense/mystery series I started a year ago. I’m hoping to launch it by March with a free short story and the first novel in the series. I have many (many) plans and hopes and dreams for where I can take this story now that I have my writing feet under me!
Oh so many projects! More than I know what to do with, but that’s is totally fine because they are all worth it. Since embarking into the publishing world I’ve gotten the chance to collaborate and brainstorm with a lot of brilliant and amazing people. This year I’m totally kicking it up a notch.
- More writing chats with my girls. We’ll keep chatting about romance, writing, books, and life. And of course our favorite drinks 😉
- I’m in the very early stages of a collaboration with two other authors on the topic of women in romance (Yes I’m being vague because it’s still early!). We’ve got a lot of ideas and a lot of goals and it is going to be awesome! I can’t wait to see where this goes.
- I’ve also got two other personal projects. One is code named “Lady Jane” and involves equality/women’s issues in America and another that is code named “Asshat Awareness”. Despite how it sounds it is designed to be a positive project designed to help people focus on their goals and be less negative (especially on social media). We’ll see where they both go, but I’m pretty excited.
With all the building/re-building we did in 2013 our adventures had to be put on hold. No more. We are back! Admittedly we will have to take it slow (no European adventures or hiking through the Andes…) probably local adventure (hikes, tubing, surfing) and our first real trip is slated to go see a cave (Xander’s choice). I’m thinking the panhandle and a pit stop at my alma mater FSU to show the kiddos where mommy and daddy met.
This is actually my conservative list. I have a bit of an over-achiever problem and my real list is much more involved and ambitious. I probably won’t get to them all but I firmly believe in the “aim for the stars” philosophy. If your dreams don’t scare you, they aren’t big enough! Aim high in 2014. This is your life–LIVE IT!
Follow along with me here:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)